How to Investigate a Conference and Determine Your Participation Status 101
My goodness, this post might be the very first of its kind! I’m going to google it just to find out!
As the Marriage Building Event host, I want to share with the public that I understand all the thought process required in committing to conference attendance. Not only am I in full-speed planning mode for a weekend catered to husbands and wives, but I am also investigating a conference for writers taking place a short two weeks after this one! I have been studying, praying and weighing the investment of hundreds of dollars, travel across two states, and days spent apart from my family.
- Determine interest level in the topic discussed.
- Check calendar for availability.
- Calculate total cost and compare with personal budget allowances for special events.
- Pray with confidence that God orders the steps of the righteous.
- Revisit promotional material and note the date for an increase in registration fee.
- Check hotel for availability.
- Read insights from previous years’ attendees.
- Look at website to see who will be speaking and their area of specialty.
- Consider childcare options, if needed.
- Determine if the conference topic is truly worth your investment.
- Commit. If it’s yes, register and reserve hotel. If it’s no, let it go and move on!
Hope this helps. I may be a little biased, but I don’t think you’ll ever regret being intentional about building your marriage! It’s $30/person (if you wait until the sale starting 9/20), not half of your monthly income. It’s October 2-3, a Friday evening and Saturday morning- very doable. And childcare? We’ve got that covered. Bring the littles with you! Yes, we had one couple drive about 500 miles last year, but chances are, the majority of our attendees are local, so you won’t have to factor in fuel or major travel expenses. So what are you waiting for? The sale to start? Good plan!
(posted by Renee Beamer)